Our laboratory studies how humans organize information to construct knowledge representations. We investigate these processes in real-life and virtual environments from the converging perspectives of information science, cognitive psychology, linguistics and applied physics (acoustics and signal processing).
- 2011 – 2016 NSF Research Coordination Network Grant. A global sustainable soundscape network. (Co-I., B. Pijanowski, P.I.).
- 2010 – 2013 NSERC – Collaborative Research and Development, Physical characterization and perception of vibration transmission of road bike components. (Co-I., Y. Champoux, P.I. and 1 other).
- 2010 – 2014 INnovation Centre for Advanced Sensors and Sensor Systems. Human Centered Soundscape Research (Co-I., T. Andringa, P.I. and 5 others).
- 2009 – 2012 CFI – NIF. Vibroacoustics of large-scale, complex, multi-material structures in aerospace and terrestrial transport. (Co-I., A. Berry, P.I.).
- 2009 – 2012 European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research (COST). Soundscapes of European Cities and Landscapes. (Co-I., J. Kang, P.I.)
- 2008 – 2013 FQRSC/FQRNT – Regroupement Stratégique. Centre for Interdisciplinary Research on Music Media and Technology. (Co-I. and Associate Director, S. McAdams, P.I. and Director)
- 2008 – 2012 CFI, New Initiatives Fund. Laboratory for BRAin, Music and Sound (BRAMS): The Biological Foundations of Music. (Other user, Peretz, P.I.)
- 2008 – 2011 NSERC – Collaborative Research and Development, Soundfield rendering in aircraft cabins/cockpits. (Co-Pi with A. Berry)
- 2008 – 2010 FQRSC – Equipe en emergence. Perception of Audio Quality. (Co-I., I. Fujinaga, P.I.)
- 2007 – 2008 CIRMMT Strategic Innovation Funding. Perception of rhythmic similarity in flamenco music. (P.I.)
- 2006 – 2008 NSERC – Special Research Opportunity, Haptics, Sound and Interaction in the Design of Enactive Interfaces. (Co.I, M. Wanderley, P.I)
- 2006 – 2011 CFI – Leaders Opportunity Fund Award, Perceptual evaluation of human-computer interaction: Applications to the design of adaptive multimodal systems. (P.I.)
- 2006 – 2011 CFI – Infrastructure Operating Fund, Perceptual evaluation of human-computer interaction. (P.I.)
- 2006 – 2008 FQNRT – Nouveau Chercheur – Auditory perception of space. (P.I.)
- 2005 McGill University Start-Up Funds. (P.I.)
- 2011 – 2012 Sennheiser electronic GmbH&Co.KG. High-definition Spatial Audio. (P.I.).
- 2008 – 2011 France Télécom Research & Development. Modeling of 3D audio masking for multichannel audio coders (Co. P.I. with S. McAdams, McGill).